[HCoop-Help] Procmail getting bypassed?

Kenneth Pronovici pronovic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 20:38:34 EST 2009

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic at ieee.org> wrote:

>>> The long and short of it is that writing to the same AFS file in many
>>> (potentially) overlapping processes is a performance nightmare.
>>
>> Ok, I set the following in my procmailrc:
>>
>> VERBOSE = no
>> LOGABSTRACT = no
>>
>> Hopefully, that will solve the problem.  I don't really need logging
>> enabled, anyway.
>
> Well, that didn't seem to make a difference.  Overnight, my procmail
> log remained empty, but 15 messages got into ~/Maildir.   Most of them
> were spam, but one was a legitimate message.
>
> Any other suggestions for things that I should try, or look at?

I have come up with a temporary solution, until we can figure out
what's going on.

I've written a small cron job to "rescue" the stuck mail.  The job
looks through ~/Maildir/new/ and ~/Maildir/cur/ and runs 'procmail -m'
on each message it finds.

This isn't perfect, but at least I won't lose any other important messages.

Thanks again...

KEN