[HCoop-Help] Procmail getting bypassed?

Kenneth Pronovici pronovic at ieee.org
Sun Jan 4 11:46:05 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic at ieee.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Michael Olson <mwolson at hcoop.net> wrote:
>> Davor Ocelic <docelic at hcoop.net> writes:

>>> I remember the thread where we discussed this and identified logging
>>> to have this negative side effect.
>>>
>>> Does someone remember the thread this was in, or knows keywords to
>>> look it up in the mailing list archives? (IIRC, the subject didn't
>>> mention "logging" directly).
>>
>> The long and short of it is that writing to the same AFS file in many
>> (potentially) overlapping processes is a performance nightmare.
>
> Ok, I set the following in my procmailrc:
>
> VERBOSE = no
> LOGABSTRACT = no
>
> Hopefully, that will solve the problem.  I don't really need logging
> enabled, anyway.

Well, that didn't seem to make a difference.  Overnight, my procmail
log remained empty, but 15 messages got into ~/Maildir.   Most of them
were spam, but one was a legitimate message.

Any other suggestions for things that I should try, or look at?

Thanks,

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic at ieee.org>