[HCoop-Help] IP Address Cost/Availability

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Apr 11 09:08:04 EDT 2009

Michal Charemza wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2009, at 23:17, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:
>
>>> What I want are two very small sites, with expected very low traffic,
>>> with https enabled for easy, but secure, editing of content via a
>>> web-
>>> browser: with probably just two editors. I really don't think that
>>> this would be classed as medium sized.
>>>
>> Why don't you take the standard certificate then?
>>

> Can I ask what you mean by this? I'm perhaps not that familiar with
> https terminology...

No new IP address is needed if you are comfortable with every visiting
browser displaying a warning that the hostname on the SSL certificate
doesn't match the actual hostname.  I'm not sure exactly what hostname
would come up for member web sites on mire, but we could certainly set
it up so that something like "generic.hcoop.net" came up, if that ever
became an issue for anyone.