[HCoop-Help] Jabber using own domain

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Apr 1 12:55:22 EDT 2009

Michal <michal at hcoop.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have read at http://wiki.hcoop.net/MemberManual/UsingJabber that I
> can have a @hcoop.net jabber address. However, I would like to have a
> jabber address at my own domain instead. Is this possible? Would I
> have to run my own jabber server daemon, or it this possible with the
> standard hcoop.net shared jabber server?

It is technically possible as ejabberd has vhost support, but we'd have
to write some configuration tool to allow users to manage their jabber
addresses. I do believe that the domtool server architecture could
handle this at the very least.

Unfortunately you can't just run your own jabber daemon as it would need
to run on nonstandard ports which would break incoming s2s connections
from other servers.

--
Jessie: i stuck the phone antenna up the dogs nose and he ignored me