[HCoop-Help] ssi on own domain on hcoop?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 29 17:09:28 EDT 2008

Zrajm C Akfohg wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 1:52 AM, Björn Lindström <bkhl at hcoop.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 00:53, Zrajm C Akfohg <zrajm at klingonska.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay. thanx. As far as I can tell I've written the right thing in my
>>> domtool conf. But something's not working.
>>>
>> Before you say that, check that your domtool configuration actually is
>> producing the Apache configuration you are expecting, with
>>
>> $ domtool-admin describe klingonska.org
>>

> Ah. But now you assume that I speak apachese. I'm not very good at that either.
>
> Is there a similar way to pull the config from apache (on a non-hcoop
> server, running apache that is)? With Apache's recursive scanning of
> .htaccess files, which may or may not be allowed in the main config,
> it is sometimes quite difficult to know exactly what settings apache
> run under on a server where you yourself is not root/the guy who did
> the main server apache configging.

I can't really help you here.  My personal commitment is to getting
Domtool generating low-level config that people request.  Since I'm
juggling volunteer duties for HCoop with many other responsibilities, I
decided years ago that it is fair not to help people figure out what
low-level config they want.  Others on this list might be able/willing
to help better.