[HCoop-Help] unable to run doomtool

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Mon Sep 29 06:16:20 EDT 2008

> Zrajm C Akfohg wrote:
> > How do I make include virtual work on a cgi?
> >

> I wouldn't be surprised if we can't support this, but I'm not sure.
> We have to make sure that included CGI scripts run as your user and
> with your AFS tokens.  If it isn't easy to make this happen, then we
> can't allow what you request, for security reasons.

Why couldn't we make this work?

Since we have user/group directives on a vhost, the CGI already is
parsed/executed under the correct username, isn't it?

One thing that I see, though, Zrajm -- is why would you want to use
SSI includes inside a CGI script in the first place?

If you want to do:

  <!--#include virtual="cgi-bin/x.cgi" -->

Then why not make this yourself, in your script, instead of calling
SSI #include directive?

You can run x.cgi any way you want, with or without parameters, and
ignore or collect its output into the calling script.

Just an example, which assumes your original script is written in sh:

#!/bin/sh

echo "this is the original script"
output=`~/cgi-bin/x.cgi arg1 arg2`
echo "output is $output"