[HCoop-Help] AFS(?) Connection

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Wed Sep 3 15:46:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008 14:32:34 -0500
"C. Howell" <caden at hcoop.net> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am getting the following error.  Does this mean AFS is down?

> ssh mire.hcoop.net

> Could not chdir to home directory /afs/hcoop.net/user/c/ca/caden:
> Connection timed out
> -bash: /afs/hcoop.net/user/c/ca/caden/.bash_profile: Connection timed
> out caden at mire:/$ ls
> afs   cdrom  home        initrd.img.old  media  opt   sbin  test  var
> bin   dev    initrd      lib             mlt    proc  srv   tmp
> vmlinuz boot  etc    initrd.img  lost+found      mnt    root  sys
> usr   vmlinuz.old caden at mire:/$

I've seen it happen (very rarely) for individual users here and there,
and it goes away by itself, usually after not more than 15 minutes.

I'm not sure what's going on, I'd appreciate if someone more
experienced with this would chime in.

However, your volume is reported as "On-line" in 'vos examine'
output, so try again and see if it works.

-doc