[HCoop-Help] [HCoop-Misc -> Help] using mod_python

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Thu May 22 09:14:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 03:03:51PM +0200, Benjamin Hell wrote:

> as a starting point. Your httpd must be configured so that it
> listens on a dedicated port, the standard port 80 won't work. There
> used to be a hcoop procedure to get access to a free port. I got
> 8880 (and 8881 for another httpd) and have this in my httpd.conf:

Right. On Fyodor, we used to have a firewall setup where it was
necessary to request a port for yourself so you can bind to it.

We *currently* do not have this restriction on Mire, but plans for
re-using the same firewall setup we had are underway.

So please use the Members Portal to submit a Port request on page
https://members.hcoop.net/portal/ip , so that when we enable the
firewall and binding restrictions, we automatically leave the
ports open for you.

By the way, adamc, the page https://members.hcoop.net/portal/ip
is titled "Request an IP address" in the menu when it's about ports
and not IP addresses. Can we change that?

-doc