[HCoop-Help] diagnosing a 400 Bad Request

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed May 14 13:27:06 EDT 2008

Peter Gammie wrote:
> I'm having trouble translating a .htaccess file into domtool-speak.
>
> You can find my attempt in ~peteg/.domtool/peteg.org for the domain
> hope.peteg.org.
>
> According to domtool-admin the rewrites are the same as in my
> reference .htaccess file, with the sole addition of double quotes. The
> other flags seem similar enough too.

I can't help you figure out which Apache configuration you want in the
end, but, if you can suggest changes to Domtool or kinds of Apache
configuration you wish you could generate but currently can't, I can
implement your suggestions.  To get to that point, if the silence on
this list for your thread continues, you might look for help in Apache
forums.

> One problem I'm having here is the delay between making a request and
> seeing it in the error/access log. I wonder if there is a way you can
> give us timelier access to the logs for debugging purposes?

This is on my to-do list, though I certainly wouldn't mind if someone
else did it.  Our wiki pages should at least make clear that log files
are updated infrequently, I hope, so that it isn't surprising, just
annoying, how things are working.

If someone else implements a log-tailer that works securely in our
set-up, and if I can audit the source code, I will install it.