[HCoop-Help] Long running bot

Alok G. Singh alephnull at hcoop.net
Wed Jun 4 10:31:12 EDT 2008

On  4 Jun 2008, megacz at hcoop.net wrote:

> Interesting.  Could you try this again using "eggdrop -n"?

This I should have figured out by myself :(

Anyway, now the setup is as you describe.

bash
  └─k5start -qtUf /etc/keytabs/user.daemon/alephnull -- ...
      └─eggdrop -n ./moxquizz.conf
          └─{eggdrop}

Things are as they should be now. The bit survives more than 10
hours. Now what do I do next ? My original setup was to have a cron job
run every half hour to check if the bot was running and if not start it
again. Do I have to set it up so that it run inside a screen in
foreground mode rather than as a daemon ?

--
Alok

Sometimes a man who deserves to be looked down upon because he is a
fool is despised only because he is a lawyer.
		-- Montesquieu