[HCoop-Help] Long running bot

Adam Megacz megacz at hcoop.net
Mon Jun 2 13:03:54 EDT 2008

alephnull at hcoop.net (Alok G. Singh) writes:
> I start the bot with k5start -qtUf /etc/keytabs/user.daemon/alephnull --
> bin/bunbun-check. This script checks for pids and then starts the real bot.

I see that you have an eggdrop process running on mire (pid 12631),
but its parent is PID 1, not a k5start process.  Could you please kill
your bot, restart it as described earlier, and make sure that its
parent pid is a k5start process right after starting it?  You can
check this with "pstree -Ga alephnull".

I've now added this to a list of troubleshooting hints on the wiki.

  - a