[HCoop-Help] Fwd: mod_python proxy settings.

Björn Lindström bkhl at elektrubadur.se
Thu Jul 31 04:14:51 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 07:36, C. Howell <caden at hcoop.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up an apache instance with mod_python.  I downloaded
> and compiled Apache 2 with no problems.  Also the redirect
> instructions about setting up a proxy were very helpful in the wiki.
> That seems to have worked.  However, once I set up the proxy, it
> seemed that I could no longer access cadenhowell.com without the www.
> cadenhowell.com without the www now redirects to hcoop.net.  Here's
> what the domtool config file looks like:
>
> dom "cadenhowell.com" where
>  DefaultAlias = false;  (* avoids *@cadenhowell.com e-mail alias *)
>  DocumentRoot = home "public_html/cadenhowell.com/"
> with
>  emailAlias "caden" "0x435448 at gmail.com";
>  web "www" with
>   proxyPass "/pie" "http://localhost:4242/";
>   proxyPassReverse "/pie" "http://localhost:4242/";
>  end;
> end;
>
> I assume it is because I added the 'web "www"' section for the proxy,
> but I could not figure out how to make those instructions apply to the
> entire domain.  How would I do that?

You should extend the default www vhost defined by dom, rather than
overriding it. The WWW variable lets you extend the vhost already
defined by dom, which will also apply to the cadenhowell.com vhost.

So, try something like this:

dom "cadenhowell.com" where
  DefaultAlias = false;
  DocumentRoot = home "public_html/cadenhowell.com/";
  WWW = begin