[HCoop-Help] [RE: [HCoop-Announce] .htaccess being disabled on mire]

Paul Kuliniewicz paul.kuliniewicz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:56:27 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 09:14 -0800, Lauren McNees wrote:
> Does anyone know how to make domtool do the rewrites that I was using
> .htaccess for? Its for my wordpress site and since my programming skills
> are limited, I only got .htaccess to work by copying someone else's. Thank
> you for your help.
>
> Here's what my .htaccess file says. My site is www.rosasharn.com.
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
> </IfModule>

If you don't want to use the wordPress or addWordPress directives for
whatever reason, you can more or less directly translate those rules
into Domtool directives.  Here's what I did for my site (where WordPress
is at /blog instead of /, but otherwise the same as your situation):

dom "kuliniewicz.org" with
	web "www" with
		directory (home "public_html/blog/") with
			testNoHtaccess;          (* ignore any .htaccess files *)
			rewriteBase "/blog/";
			rewriteCond "${REQUEST_FILENAME}" "!-f" [];
			rewriteCond "${REQUEST_FILENAME}" "!-d" [];
			rewriteRule "." "/blog/index.php" [last];
		end;
	end;
end;