[HCoop-Discuss] Proposal to change our official IRC presence

Björn Lindström bkhl at hcoop.net
Sun May 30 02:19:05 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-29 23:26, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:

> But as long as we have general agreement on the steps and there's
> someone who
> has time to do the work, I'm ok with 2021-06-05. (I do not have any
> time to
> help that weekend.)

I think this should be OK. The date is auspicious as it's my birthday.

I have already registered #hcoop as a "community channel" on Freenode,
which
just means booking it with the Chanserv service.

On the next board meeting, I think we should assign someone to register
us as a
"project channel" (https://libera.chat/chanreg), but that's not urgent.

As the channel on Libera is in place already, the move would amount to
changing
references to the chat on the web site and wiki, and announcing the move
on the
Freenode channel. The latter might get us kicked out of the channel,
which I
suppose will work well enough for finalizing the move. I think we can
leave it
to the channel operators for the Freenode channel to handle that as they
wish.

/ Björn (board member without a portfolio)