[HCoop-Discuss] Portal Moved to Mailman Server -- List Subscriptions Work Again

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sat May 30 16:21:29 EDT 2020

Greetings,

After an inexecusably long delay (years...), the member portal can
manage list subscriptions again.

I gave up on setting up the mailman REST interface (and making it
secure), and instead just did what I should have done in the first
place: moved the portal back to the same server as mailman, as was done
before we started moving things off of deleuze into virtual machines. At
this point, we should be planning to ditch mailman2 after the Debian
Bullseye release series (or maybe even around when it's released), as it
is now in security fixes only maintenance and basically at end-of-life
(RIP, it's served everyone well for 20 years!).

Everything should be working (poked around a bit and major features are
working fine, including applying payments), but if you notice anything
off please report the bug!

Since list subs have been broken for years and no one that has joined in
a very long time is subscribed to anything except for -announce, does
anyone else think this is worth an announcement? I'm leaning toward yes:
maybe we can get the lists a bit more active again and start rebuilding
the community that slowly fizzled out thanks to no one being able to
join the lists (I don't think that was the only cause, but it really did
not help things...).

--
I'm just thinking aloud; isn't thinking allowed?