[HCoop-Discuss] New member recruitment idea

granito granito at hcoop.net
Tue Jul 23 20:08:20 EDT 2013

Hello everyone, I'm Sebastian, I recently joined Hcoop after hearing
about it for a long time from Clinton, Steve and Bpt. I'm a google apps
refugee due to the recent Snowden revelations. I want to have my own
space on the internet to keep my email, files, and whatever other odds
and ends. I figure there's plenty of other people [1] like me who may
not know about options such as hcoop. I have ideas for recruitment but
I'd like to get your feedback first.
Most importantly, are these desirable members? I don't know who the
target membership is. My idea at the moment is a half-sheet flyer to
pass out at the Restore the 4th protest in Raleigh, NC. It'd feature a
design of a dragnet cut by a knife that has "hcoop" engraved on it and
the slogan "escape the dragnet, join hcoop." It would have a small list
of services hcoop offers, a link to the main page, and the monthly cost.
Depending on space it could include more information.
Is this a good idea? Bad idea? Improvable idea? I have no design skills
at all so design help would be much appreciated. If ya'll feel this is
not the members we should be going for I understand that too. The next
protest is going to be August 4th so there's not a whole lot of time to
get it done. There will be others in the future though. Thanks for
reading!

Sebastian Fernandez Giraldo.

Links:
------