[HCoop-Discuss] Some changes to wordpress and! SSL SNI

yagnesh at hcoop.net yagnesh at hcoop.net
Mon Jan 21 00:00:01 EST 2013

Hello Clinton,

On Jan 21 2013, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I changed the addWordPress action to hide your .svn directories
> automatically, as recommended by the wordpress manual.

could you try hide .git directories in the similar way.? I have some .git
directories in webroot. I disabled the read permissions now.

> why oh why has no one ever filed a bug or complained that they couldn't
> manage plugins?!

I guess, like me, all would have gone wild on Internet to find the solution.

> We also might finally want to actually get a signed certificate for
> *.hcoop.net; gandi charges $160 a year for a wildcard cert like that so
> it's not unaffordable. There's no real increased safety from having one,
> but there's the not-causing-warnings factor.

+1, I recently set up a mailing list on hcoop, asked my users to join the
list. Almost all complained about warnings in their Firefox/Chrome. I gave up
on explaining and asked users to send their mail ids to me.

Not only that, prospective members of hcoop will get a bad impression by the
warnings at the very fist step. (eg: https://join.hcoop.net/join/join)

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు