[HCoop-Discuss] Election Reminder

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:17:40 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As is the fashion around these parts, I'm reminding everyone that the
> 2012 board election nomination period ends at 11:59 UTC March 31st. So
> if you were thinking about running for the board, now is the time to
> accept your nomination or nominate yourself and choose to run. If you
> think a particular member ought to be on the board, now is also the time
> to volunteer them!
>
> While we're at it, if anyone has suggestions for policy and direction
> for this next year, I'm listening. I pine for the days when
> hcoop-discuss was active and we had multiple posts a week instead of
> month long silences!

I think the consensus is membership as priority #1. I've already begun
putting out feelers to my geek friends, but We should sit down and chat
about ways each of us can do some low-resistance outreach.

Following that, new member accesibility--I suspect most of us are fairly
well versed in Unix environments, but I have several friends who would sign
on if it were less power-tools oriented. And I'm happy to learn Python to
do it over the coming year :)

Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>
| elvestinkle @ twitter
| pursuing.calefaction.org