[HCoop-Discuss] How do You Think We're Doing?

Lauren McNees lauren at hcoop.net
Tue Mar 1 14:31:05 EST 2011

Clinton and other hcoopers,

Thanks for this e-mail, I think its a good idea for members to discuss this.
I don't mean to be critical with any of my comments below, just
constructive. Overall I'm very happy with hcoop's services and its
definitely a bargain for the amount I pay for the service I receive.

I joined hcoop in 2007 and had a lot of trouble with the email service and
subsequently moved my email hosting to google in 2008 and now only use hcoop
for website hosting. I can comment on the problems I had with hcoop's email
service if you want, but its so long ago now that perhaps the issues have
been resolved and my comments would no longer be relevant. However, based
upon the experience I had, I have not recommended hcoop to anyone as an
email host.

I am happy with the wordpress hosting for my website(s) and would recommend
this service to other users who have enough technical knowledge to do
something like install a wordpress site. I have had a few minor issues like
domtool taking hours to run but the admins were great about helping me very
quickly.

If we wanted to make hcoop's services a little more accessible to very
non-technical people, I wonder if we could offer wordpress- or other
CMS/blog-installation as a one-time service for a one-time additional fee.
Perhaps something like this would allow us to outreach to potential members
who would otherwise be deterred by the idea of installing a CMS/blog
themselves.

I think the wiki needs more content and some updating to the existing
content.

As far as recruiting new members, I think we need a more visually appealing
website to make us look a little more up-to-date and active to potential new
members. I am willing/interested in helping on this if others think its a
good idea.

Thanks, and I hope my comments are at least a little helpful.

Lauren