[HCoop-Discuss] Registrar Suggestions for *everyone*

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Mon Apr 4 14:34:36 EDT 2011

I know most folks here don't need more reasons not to use GoDaddy, but in
case you're living under a rock their CEO has literally gone to Zimbabwe
to shoot an elephant and released a macho video of the kill and him
proclaiming himself savior of the impoverished local farmers.

In fact while he claims he killed an aggressive older bull one elephant
expert believes it was actually a young female from the released
photos/footage.*

This is not particularly against hunting in general but his entire
unapologetic behavior in this episode reeks of the worst type of
over-privileged exploitation and environmental ignorance.

I don't have any particular endorsements but an offer out there right now
is NameCheap, which has $2.99 registrations and through midnight tonight
is offering $4.99 transfers from GoDaddy and giving $1 of that to Save the
Elephants, so if you have any old GoDaddy domains hanging around that's a
good way to get them switched out right now.

http://community.namecheap.com/blog/2011/03/30/elephants/

Also thanks to all the HCoop admins and volunteers for keeping it running.

-Nathan

*See, e.g.
http://news.discovery.com/animals/parsons-elephant-killing-110404.html
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/04/04/exp.piers.morgan.godaddy.ceo.cnn