[HCoop-Discuss] Machine reboots - Notification thereof

Richard Darst rkd at hcoop.net
Fri Jan 22 01:57:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 01:20:12AM -0500, Brian Templeton wrote:

> We have four +1's for Identica now, so I created an "hcoopstatus"[1]
> Identica group: <http://identi.ca/group/hcoopstatus>. If we agree to use
> Identica for this, these are probably the next steps:

+1

> * Create user accounts for docelic, adamc, clinton and rkd, or get them
>   to register with OpenID if they prefer.
>
> * Decide whether members can post as Tanveer suggests, or whether it
>   should be admins-only.

What if there was a "full details" feed which anyone could post, and
a more limited authorized-only important-announcement feed.  Or does
everyone but me not care about the quantity of sms's they get?

It would be helpful to have a list of what types of updates members
would like, too -- how verbose to make the feed.

> * Send a message to hcoop-announce about the new service, with a quick
>   explanation of Identica and how to get updates over Jabber or SMS.

Probably make a MicrobloggingStatus page in the hcoop wiki, too.  That
would be a good place to iron out exactly what the policy will be,
too... (FTR: I probably won't work to make the wiki page since I'm not
sure what is best, but will look at it as what is most useful to
members and follow that)

> * Set up an IRC bot to send Identica updates to #hcoop.

It would be cool if the bot could relay the right messages (hilights,
or some command) to the feeds.  Not sure if this is possible or how
authentication would work, I'll let you all decide what's best.

> [1] "Hcoopstatus" rather than "hcoop" because I think it would be
> reasonable to expect that "hcoop" would be a general discussion group.
> For brevity, I added an alias "hcoops", and naturally we could use a
> different name or add another alias.

Thanks much for setting this up,

- Richard