[HCoop-Discuss] Machine reboots - Notification thereof

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Thu Jan 21 16:53:59 EST 2010

Reading the below text, I'd agree that a blog may not be ideal...I had (some long time ago) suggested using something like Google/Yahoo Groups or similar so that we could find out status when our system is DOA but that idea was totally rejected back then...

However, since then, there have been many new things on the scene, such as Twitter...I've been using it for close to 2 yrs now and while not ideal, is quite well suited to be accessed via almost any type of device incl most phones...it has the advantage of being public yet also allowing one to privately DM each other if needed...yes, Twitter has gone mainstream but it's being used by many companies now to respond/interact with their customers...so I'll suggest it as one way to pass the word re outages/status and such with maybe a "groups" somewhere also for the more wordy details needed.