[HCoop-Discuss] Machine reboots Jan 20th

Srikanth Sastry sastry at hcoop.net
Thu Jan 21 15:18:17 EST 2010

On 01/21/2010 01:21 PM, Richard Darst wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:44:52PM -0600, Srikanth Sastry wrote:
>
>> I volunteer set up a blog, if that's the consensus. What do people
>> prefer blogpost or wordpress (or something entirely different)?
>>
> I think getting some other members to organize this would be great-
> I'm ok with leaving these decisions to whoever sets it up.

The reason why the blog provider is sort of important is that it
requires the posters to set up new accounts if they don't already have
one within that provider network and maintaining yet another account can
be cumbersome and annoying.
> I think it would be especially useful if, beyond the setup, some
> people who were in IRC could update it based on happenings there,
> notifying about service outages and steps we are taking.  That way,
> the admins can focus on the task at hand and not have to worry about
> this.

I am not entirely sure if a blog is the right medium for such
notifications. It is a great place to storing information on what went
wrong and why, but for immediate/expedited notification, I think
email/mailinglist/microblogs work better.

How does everyone feel about this?

-srikanth