[HCoop-Discuss] Machine reboots Jan 20th

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Thu Jan 21 06:19:39 EST 2010

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 03:30:26 -0500
Richard Darst <rkd at hcoop.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 10:33:54AM +0530, Tanveer Singh wrote:
> > I have proposal. Admins can branch it into a new thread if required.
> > All our lists are on hcoop itself. So if hcoop goes down, IRC is
> > the only channel of communitcation, and from work etc., its not
> > possible to access IRC due to firewall issues.
>
> What about a blog or identi.ca stream?  That way we could post more
> frequent updates, and only those interested need check - and could
> always subscribe to the rss feeds, and more frequent updates here
> would be less annoying to some people.

Right, and regardless of whether folks have access to IRC or not it
would still be a good idea to have a blog or something hosted elsewhere
where we can post updates and immediate news.

Personally, I don't like the idea of google groups so much, as we don't
want to use this for general discussion, and we want it to be accessible
in a simple way. In that context, the blog seems the best to me, but in
any case it's a good initiative and I would support whatever method
we agree on and implement.

I'd appreciate if someone would take charge of opening say,
hcoop.blogspot.com, and creating the initial accounts list (adamc,
clinton, docelic, rkd). Passwords would then be given to us thru
file drop or tty write while logged in.

On a side note: I am in Germany (business trip) and I managed to
set up the standard network access this morning, so I'm back at
the usual availability level.

Thanks,
-doc