[HCoop-Discuss] When is response time on site going to get any better?

Davor Ocelic docelic at hcoop.net
Wed Sep 30 10:37:08 EDT 2009

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:52:54 GMT
"j.c.hallgren at juno.com" <j.c.hallgren at juno.com> wrote:

> I'm really starting to get VERY frustrated here! My simple site has
> been almost unusable for long periods of time over last couple of
> months, and site response time, when it does work, has been extremely
> slow quite often...I run a chat-room type site and just attempted to
> add a new post to it and it lost my entry as I got a 404 "Cannot
> find" instead of working and I'd spent about 10 min typing it...and
> with my vision issues, that's NOT good!

That's true.

We have replaced the failing machine but, unfortunately, this has not
solved the problem of website slowness. (Which is kind of strange,
because both issues started happening at the same time, so it was
reasonable to assume they were related).

So, not seeing the wanted improvement after the replacement, what we
need to do now is use one other technique to determine exactly
what's wrong, and then apply the appropriate solution.

This tasks has been assigned to me. I planned to work on it yesterday
and today, but got other obligations that I can't reschedule.

So the planned time of my try at solving this is in 5 days,
Monday next week (or earlier, but not very probable).

Thanks,
-doc