[HCoop-Discuss] Comments on Semi-Finalized New Hardware Setup

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue Sep 22 14:00:27 EDT 2009

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:

> Davor Ocelic wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:39:04 -0400
>> Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:

>> Maybe it would make sense to wait with the purchase until we put
>> Hopper in full working order.
>>
>> That way we'd both have time to do one task at a time, and have
>> more clear picture of what hardware we will need then.
>>

> I second this idea.  Would you mind sending a status update on that work
> to hcoop-sysadmin?

If hopper isn't up by the end of the week ... we have serious problems
(there are only a few minor tasks left). I see hopper as being more of a
stopgap to make services acceptable at peer1 so that we can focus on
fixing a new setup. Keep in mind that there are other demons lurking at
peer1: we have only 15G of AFS space left for one.

I am proposing that we purchase things ideally early in October so that
we can avoid paying the even more overpriced peer1 fees for more than a
month (or two at absolute worst).

--
<captain_krunk> ntk is currently using "telnet fyodor 25" to send email