[HCoop-Discuss] Potential Migration Away From Peer1 -- Quote Requests

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Tue Sep 8 10:00:58 EDT 2009

Greetings,

Since we were contemplating a move from Peer1 and they are raising our
monthly rate in under two months, I figure it is time we started
actually contacting potential new colo facilities. So far Richard and I
have written two drafts of a prospective host price quote request [0],
and I have found a couple of providers that seem worth contacting.

I'd like to start emailing colo providers before Friday, and so now is
the time to voice any suggestions or objections. We are looking for
providers physically near members; the more in an area the better. Brian
Templeton and I have volunteered to deal with onsite issues if we move
our hardware near Raleigh NC, but we're open to alternatives if anyone
wants to suggest colos in other regions. Other hosts in NYC might be
worth looking at as well.

[0] http://wiki.hcoop.net/ProspectiveHostsQuoteRequest2009

--
"Karen loved animals. Unfortunately the cheetahs betrayed her trust,"
Libot said.