[HCoop-Discuss] Budget Issues, Membership Meeting, and Overhauling HCoop

kattla kattla at hcoop.net
Thu Oct 15 16:21:58 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Steve Taylor <staylor at ncf.ca> wrote:
> kattla <kattla at hcoop.net> writes:
> I don't have financial skills to fully explain, even if I did know the
> facts. But even polls for more major decisions are frustrating without
> enough response (votes) from members.

I would answer if it asked a question that made sense to me.
The smallest change to make me vote would be to add an option "I don't know.".
To make me give a more useful answer it could ask "What dues would you
find acceptable for the current hcoop-services?" and for each
suggested due let me answer "acceptable", "not acceptable" or
"unsure". (Does our software support such a poll?)

On a deeper issue, why is it frustrating if only a few persons answer
a poll? Does that need to be frustrating? Assuming the poll is
designed so everyone is able to answer it in a way that makes sense to
them, why not just say "this is the portion of our member base that
care about this issue enough to make their opinion known" and leave it
at that?