[HCoop-Discuss] Budget Issues, Membership Meeting, and Overhauling HCoop

kattla kattla at hcoop.net
Thu Oct 15 13:56:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Davor Ocelic <docelic at hcoop.net> wrote:
> Maybe we (I?) assumed it, but various problems in the past few months
> should be directly related to this poll, and so the fact that dues
> would be "justified" is implied.
>
> The only way otherwise to know if the dues are justified or not is
> to discuss the expenses on a case-by-case basis, which would
> have no end to it, and would bring us back to a situation of
> variable monthly dues which we had in the past, and was generally
> disliked.

I trust the board to make well informed decisions, so I don't think it
necessary to discuss / vote on every little expense. But I don't see
how it would be a problem to create polls for the more major
decisions: "Do you think this justifies the increase in dues it will
bring?", not as a way to make the the decisions, but as an indication
of what our member base want from hcoop. I don't think there need to
or should be an end to that.