[HCoop-Discuss] Dedicated servers?

John T. Settino john at johnsettino.com
Thu May 21 20:16:27 EDT 2009

Adam Chlipala wrote:
> I'm sure that we save the most money by owning our own servers, but I
> believe that we need to be paying a colocation provider to handle fixing
> broken hardware.  I'm not sure which providers will agree to do that.
> Given the costs of paying our own people directly to go to data centers
> and fix broken hardware, does anyone disagree that we should be looking
> for set-ups where someone else accepts responsibility for keeping our
> hardware working, for a fixed monthly fee (like insurance)?
FWIW, my work just sent hardware to a company called Cybercon in St. Louis for colo. One of our machines arrived there after being damaged in shipping, and they are taking care of the repairs (in this case, swapping a motherboard). Perhaps this may be what you're looking for, Adam?

Just my 2c.

*John T. Settino*
Web Developer / Technologist for Hire
http://www.johnsettino.com/

* Please consider the environment before printing this email. :DGC