[HCoop-Discuss] VPS hosting for HCoop

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Sun May 17 15:05:29 EDT 2009

An important question is whether Hcoop wishes to own hardware
infrastructure.  Ownership of resources is important, especially at large
scales.

If we were to go the VPS route -- largely for the simplified managment -- I
would recommend we purchase our VPS from a cooperative provider such as
Cernio.  Despite the slightly higher cost, our members payments would go
toward supporting a similarly-aligned effort and we would have some say in
how the VPS organization was run.

I hope that some day our internet transit, power, colocation space and
software-level organizations are all democratically run and accountable.

--philip