[HCoop-Discuss] Getting rid of our balance discrepancy

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Mar 21 11:04:33 EDT 2009

Here's an update on the drive to get member pledges to even out a
discrepancy between our bank account balance and what the portal
calculates we should have.

First, I found a bug in the portal's calculations that adds about $200
to the deficit.  (The co-op's balance and departed members' balances
were accidentally being included in the "active member balances" figure
cited below.)  Nonetheless, I think we're in pretty good shape with the
donation drive.  Here's the current status.

HCOOP BALANCES:
Wells Fargo: $7187.32
PayPal: $78.53
Checkout (payments not yet transferred to our bank account): $0
SUM: $7265.85

PORTAL SAYS WE HAVE:
Co-op balance: $-647.30
Active member balances: $9248.48
SUM: $8601.18

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE AMOUNTS:
Deficit: $1335.33
Negative balances of members who left without paying up: $294.01
Remaining (mystery amount!): $1042.32
Number of pledges: 18 (out of 132 members)
Median: $25
Mean: $48.70
Min: $10
Max: $150
Total: $876.60
Adding sale of PowerEdge server: $911.60

Remaining deficit: $423.73

Thanks to everyone who has pledged donations.  This Tuesday, I will
subtract all donations and hopefully settle this matter for good.  As
things stand now, I'll be donating $423.73 myself.  If you want to help
reduce that number, you can make a new donation or increase your
existing donation on record, by e-mailing me at adamc at hcoop.net.