[HCoop-Discuss] Finalizing Hardware Upgrade

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Dec 2 15:47:42 EST 2009

Davor Ocelic <docelic at hcoop.net> writes:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:13:18 -0500
> Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org> wrote:
>
>> I am going to look over the hardware list and post a final proposal
>> in a day or three (ideally today or tomorrow, but three is what I can
>> promise).
>
> Hola Clinton,
>
> How's going on this? Want me to take this over later today, according
> to your setup on the new Migration page?

I had a bit more work than expected (I'm dealing with the nastiest parts
of a database with a schema that comes out to 55 printed pages... every
time I think I finish something new comes up) so I can't get this done
before I have other obligations today. If you can spec anything out
there isn't too much to do.

Basically I think going with the Option B hardware, but half of
everything listed is the best way. And probably just getting 2x160G boot
drives from Dell and sourcing two or three 500/750/1000G drives from
newegg for the AFS RAID (depending on whether we want RAID1 or 5).

Everything is pretty much done except for getting updated prices and a
final list of urls for Adam to visit and order from.

If no one else wants to do anything, I can absolutely *promise* to get
this done tomorrow (I finally just finished my evil evil evil work task
after far too many weeks moments before writing this and so I can handle
my backlog of hcoop stuff tomorrow while awaiting my next task).

--
                   It's no contest, but we still race there
                Like the saintly tortoise and the godless hare