[HCoop-Discuss] [HCoop-Misc] is apache down?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Sep 16 08:22:11 EDT 2008

Christian Boesgaard wrote:
> Apache seems to be down on mire.
>
> I cannot connect to any of my sites on mire and when I log into mire
> and do a ps I cannot find a running apache.

Someone created a Domtool test user "testuser" that somehow doesn't
exist in a strong enough sense to satisfy Apache, so Apache is rejecting
configuration that refers to it.  (Apparently the person running this
user didn't try creating a vhost until now, or testuser just became
invalid, or something.)

I've hidden that user's configuration and am rebuilding things now.
Thanks for noticing this.

P.S.: hcoop-misc is for off-topic messages, but your message was very
on-topic.  I'm Cc'ing hcoop-discuss, which seems like a better place for
such messages.