[HCoop-Discuss] Request for voluntary donations

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sat Nov 8 09:01:41 EST 2008

Rob Gubler wrote:
> Has this issue be resolved?

No.  One wrinkle is that, at the last board meeting, we resolved to sell
some unused equipment and put the proceeds toward the deficit.  That
selling is waiting on Justin Leitgeb getting our colo space cleaned up
and some new hardware installed.

We had one new donation pledge since my last update, bringing the stats
to this:

Number of members: 13
Total amount: $441.60
Mean donation: $33.96
Minimum: $10
Maximum: $97.80
Median: $25
Part of deficit not yet covered: $1378.90

> Can we make our bank statements available online to members, if they
> are not already.

I don't think that is a good idea, security-wise.  Many web sites use
small deposits to bank accounts as a way of authenticating account
owners.  In effect, anyone who can see our statements can withdraw money
from the account.