[HCoop-Discuss] negative balances reminder and dues

Lauren McNees lauren at hcoop.net
Thu May 8 22:44:18 EDT 2008

A couple of dues-related questions and comments:

I just got another "Your NEGATIVE HCoop balance" e-mail, again without
having received a your-account-is-approaching-negative warning that I
understand I am supposed to receive first, and I'm wondering if there is a
problem with the reminder system, or if the notices only go out once a
month and my balance just happened to go into the negative two months in a
row, therefore not giving the system an opportunity to send an
approaching-negative reminder.

I also had a hard time figuring out why my balance went negative two
months in a row because my understanding was that dues would be
approximately $5/month and I paid $20 one month ago. But I calculated the
charges in my portal page against what I'd paid and came up with nearly
(but not quite) the same balance that the e-mail gave me. My request is
this: On the portal page (https://members.hcoop.net/portal/money), I am
wondering if with each transaction on the list it can also show the total
balance left in that person's account after each transaction. Kind of like
in a paypal account.

I am also wondering if the transaction called "Dues" for $5 on the last
day of each month will be replacing the transactions called "Month Peer 1"
and "Month InterServer" or if this is somehow a different charge.

Thank you.

Lauren McNees