[HCoop-Discuss] ipv6 native hosting?

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu May 8 11:47:52 EDT 2008

Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> I am quite interested in finding some form of hosting with native IPv6
> upstream connections. Is hcoop.net in any position to support IPv6 at
> the moment?

Definitely not at the moment or presently in the works.  I don't think
Peer1 offers IPv6 at our current site, and you're the first person to
ask about this, so given the overhead and duplication involved in IPv6
administration I don't see it happening until IPv6 gets substantial
market penetration in the consumer market.  We do go out of our ways to
set users up who want to use cool technologies but native IPv6 is
something else altogether.  Even the great majority of high-end routers
on the market can't do IPv6 in hardware.

-Nathan