[HCoop-Discuss] How can we get Gmail to stop blocking HCoop messages?

Björn Lindström bkhl at hcoop.net
Fri Jun 20 16:35:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 22:17, Franklin Gordon Bynum <frank at hcoop.net> wrote:
> El mar, 08-04-2008 a las 10:45 -0700, Philip Neustrom escribió:
>> Gmail marks every message from hcoop as spam for me [aside from the
>> lists].  This is even after 'training' the filter by marking items as
>> 'not spam'.
>
> Is this really the case?  Does everyone's hcoop mail get tagged as spam
> by google?

Not for me.

Gmail does use the users contact list and filters to inform its spam
filter, so my hypothesis is that if you have a filter for HCoop mail
it will not (or will at least be less likely to) be marked as spam.
This has held for the couple of people I have mentioned it to in
#hcoop.

Based on this my guess is that Philip has a filter for the HCoop lists
but not other mail from HCoop.

In my case I have a filter that simply puts an "HCoop" label on
everything adressed to "*@hcoop.net".