[HCoop-Discuss] How can we get Gmail to stop blocking HCoop messages?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Fri Jun 20 16:30:43 EDT 2008

Franklin Gordon Bynum wrote:
> El mar, 08-04-2008 a las 10:45 -0700, Philip Neustrom escribió:
>
>> Gmail marks every message from hcoop as spam for me [aside from the
>> lists].  This is even after 'training' the filter by marking items as
>> 'not spam'.
>>

> Is this really the case?  Does everyone's hcoop mail get tagged as spam
> by google?

I have a friend who works in Yahoo! Mail spam filtering, and he helped
me figure out the issue there.  It's that, in filtering @hcoop.net mail
to people's GMail addresses, we forward any spam they receive at HCoop.
As with most mail situations, spam far outweighs legitimate mail that
goes through forwarding.  GMail's "clever" learning system decides that
our mail server's IP address is associated with spam and blocks all
messages from us.

I poked the one HCoop member who works at Google (though not on GMail
AFAIK) but haven't received a response yet.  The guy I know at Yahoo!
was able to turn on "content-only filtering" for our IP address, and I
expect we just need to find someone at Google who can do this for us
there.  Anyone know someone who might be able to help?