[HCoop-Discuss] PHP 5 now available for member use

Michael Olson mwolson at hcoop.net
Thu Jan 24 13:22:40 EST 2008

Omry Yadan <omry at yadan.net> writes:

> Cool.
>
> I suggest making the default php5 for new members and php4 for
> existing members (to avoid compatibility issues).
>
> also, existing members should be able to change the default to php5.

Debian etch uses php4 by default in most of its package dependencies, so
that is what we need to do as well until the next major stable release
of Debian.  We can only go out on our own if we have admins willing to
shoulder the burden of maintenance and testing -- such as with the Emacs
22 packages.

Members can change the default on a vhost basis, so I don't see any need
for a further mechanism to do this.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |