[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Tue Jan 8 10:13:47 EST 2008

> That's great. Sometimes [hcoop-discuss] refers to things not
> mentioned  -- missing links, that kind of stuff. But the board makes
> decisions and I don't want all the nitty-gritty. That's why boards get
> paid such exorbitant salaries :-)

I assume the :-) means this is intended to be humorous, but just in case
any of our new members have the wrong idea, while the boards of public
corporations often are paid generous salaries (although rarely exorbitant
compared to their management), HCoop's bylaws prohibit any compensation
for its board.  Which is usually the case for nonprofits, including most
cooperatives, and should not change in the future, regardless of how big
HCoop grows or if it hires paid staff.