[HCoop-Discuss] Deposit/balance policies

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Sat Jan 5 17:02:19 EST 2008

I've trimmed the prior replies to the parts I want to comment on...
1) I was just suggesting that the deposit could be available to prevent an account from getting frozen for up to one month should the usable balance go to zero/negative...but that any payments made would first go to bringing deposit back to minimum and then rest to "working balance"
2) I think 24 hrs is a bit too soon, so I'd say maybe 3 days as user may be away from email...yes, I realize the user should have already known they were that far in-the-hole, but I also think we need to allow a bit of time for them to get email and resolve the issue. This would seem to be likely the most common situation and would be the "overdraft" condition as I see it, so giving user a reasonable chance to fix it would be good, IMHO.

-- Michael Potter <mpotter at hcoop.net> wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 14:51 -0500, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> I don't think that users should consider the deposit overdraft
> protection, even if it may ultimately function as that.  >

2. ~3x the monthly charge - Warning message that you're under the
minimum and your account will be frozen within 24 hours if you don't add
funds (then freeze account and notify)