[HCoop-Discuss] Goals and policies

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 16:25:17 EST 2008

> My first guess is that bad spam filtering on your end blocked the
> messages.  I think you should have received several low balance
> notifications over the last few months.  The subject changes for
> negative vs. low balances, and this may have had a subtle effect on spam
> filtering.  I.e., maybe the word "negative" appears less frequently in
> spam than "low," as in "low low prices."

I probably needed to update my email forward settings when
transitioning to the new servers.  I have my doubts it was gmail, as I
have never had enough evidence to suppose spam has ever actually been
deleted without my asking for it.

Either way, I think it's time for me to leave the coop.  I've seen
many silly arguments on the email lists and I don't much care for the
lack of ssh pubkey authentication support.  Yes, I know there are many
good reasons for it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's not
how I want to use my hosting.  Besides, I was able to find virtual
private server hosting for $20/month that fits my needs better.  It
may cost more, but I don't have to worry about spending the time
needed to be a good member of the coop community (something I don't
feel like I have time/interest for).

The only trouble is I'm not sure how I go about leaving the coop.  I
looked on the wiki and didn't find anything.  Browsing the members
portal was also less than fruitful.  Maybe I just don't know where to
look.

Any suggestions?

Shaun Kruger

--
"You always wanted to be somebody, maybe you should have been more specific."
-- Random person in the backcountry.com warehouse.