[HCoop-Discuss] Goals and policies

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Sat Jan 5 15:38:54 EST 2008

On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:06:58AM -0500, Adam Chlipala wrote:
> Now that I think of it, this does suggest starting the freeze-drying at
> the point of balances less than deposits of 3 months' dues, so that we
> never bill members amounts that we're not sure they will ever pay.

I am opposed to closing down service for anyone as long as their
balance is on the plus side, at least 1 cent.

We are already sending them notices when they approach < $10 balance,
and I think that should be enough. Sending notifications 'in advance',
but without terminating their service, is a good thing to do and will
also give us all rights to close their accounts/services as soon as
they reach 0. But not before, IMO.

-doc