[HCoop-Discuss] Wiki pages, spam hassle, members data and more...

docelic docelic at mire.hcoop.net
Mon Feb 25 19:39:39 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 07:24:19PM -0500, Steve Taylor wrote:
> >> - Features members would like to see added (/removed)
> >
> > That's usually done by filing bug reports against the Domtool component
> > on bugzilla.
>
> My error. I am still not familiar with the "file a bug" process. Does
> it mean, for example, that I could have filed a bug asking for nicks
> on the contact page?

Exactly.

> > Discarding email automatically is a tricky thing to convey to a user.  I
> > just use a custom cron script for it.  It's not obvious how to
> > generalize it.
>
> I agree. Is it useful to warn users when their ./Maildir is 90% full,
> using a cron script?

This is already working, but is not yet fully enbled. (It'll be
soon). The default threshold for mail volume is 60%.

> > As for feeling like they can contribute ... I dunno.
>
> So what are the less important things that others could do?
> Moderation, Maintenance of Wiki, Website, Databases...
> (build a list somewhere MemberManual/HCoopTasks ? )

IMO, people who have an inclination to fill any of the roles will just
speak up themselves, like Bjorn did for mailing lists moderation.

Also from my experience, admins have much better ways to spend their time
than documenting and listing trivial tasks and "begging" for someone else
of non-admins to work on them.

The "less important things", by definition, are not important enough to
have the important time devoted to them.

In any case, it looks to me like you've rotated all possible and
impossible schemes in your mind (and on the list), without showing real
desire to fill any of the positions yourself.

-doc