[HCoop-Discuss] Misconcenptions about the deposit requirement

j.c.hallgren at juno.com j.c.hallgren at juno.com
Thu Feb 21 13:58:36 EST 2008

I was thinking along the lines that an occasional phone call attempt to members who are not replying to emails wouldn't take much more time than an online equivalant, and wouldn't cost much, mostly maybe less than $1...and in some cases, it may be similiar time or less...yes, a postal reply would take more time, but my other premise for asking for that was to provide at least enough info to track/locate user if needed other than some online ID and email.
And maybe it's cause I sometimes call dozens of people per day to rent my cottages that I prefer the phone...plus my typing speed isn't that great!

-- Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:
j.c.hallgren at juno.com wrote:
> Having some way to contact members via means other than email should be a requirement, IMO, such as current telephone (or ICQ, Skype, etc) which would make sure that user was actually contacted at last resort which a postal mailing may not...that's part of reason that I'd be easy to locate, given the number of places that I'm listed on web...others may be very hard to trace down, and thus harder to collect from, so that may something we need to improve on, even if the info is not available to everyone publically, but just the admins.

My personal comfort levels of volunteer-dom preclude phone calls or
postal mailings. Maybe someone else would be willing to contact members
via these methods. This certainly seems a lot more likely to be
something that paid staff members would do, given that it's almost 100% unrewarding drudge work.