[HCoop-Discuss] Proportional Representation?

Michael Potter mpotter at hcoop.net
Mon Feb 25 14:58:30 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 20:37 +0100, Björn Lindström wrote:
> I doubt you will get our excellent sysadmins to keep working for the
> coop for free if you and your "fraction" (though I don't know who else
> that would be) started dictating what tools they may or may not use.

Interesting how you turned that around. Currently there are no choices
but AFS, I suggested an optional alternative.

> Also I love the power of the new AFS based system, and I wouldn't want
> to be in a coop that would throw that away because you don't want to
> spend 15 minutes checking out the fs man page.

So keep using it. I don't want to force you to do anything.

> Nobody is paying for that. Any handholding you may have received in
> your use of HCoop has been entirely volunteer based and unpaid.

I've received no hand-holding, and that's my point. I don't need it and
don't want to pay for it through future paid admins.

Michael Potter