[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic,ntk] Balances policy

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 24 13:42:08 EST 2008

docelic wrote:
> I understand that we must take down member's services when he reaches
> a balance of 0. (Otherwise the deposit would make
> no difference, and we couldn't claim that receiving a few e-mail notices
> about your low balance would be a factor motivating enough to always keep the
> balance above 0).
Erm, no.  I mentioned this in the misconceptions email and I thought we
were on the same page, but we only HAVE to take down the services when
the balance is negative three months, e.g. equal to the deposit, in
order for the deposit to make a difference and prevent getting stuck
with the bad debts.

Disabling services with the new balance being 0 (not counting deposit)
would be like disabling services if members old balances dropped below
~$15, which would be a significant shift.