[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic,ntk] Balances policy

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Feb 24 13:27:28 EST 2008

I vote for it also, taking exception to the "trying to get his attention
by disabling some subset
of his services yet to be determined," but won't make that a "no vote"
since you left the services undetermined.

I don't think we should disable anything until there has been at least a
month of having a negative balance.  As long as they have covered the
deposit and we're not at risk at that point of being stuck with a bad
debt, let's not be too harsh about this.  Partially disabling services
at some point prior to totally kicking the deliquent member out and
disabling everything is a good idea, but not the instant the balance
drops below zero.

That policy would be especially unacceptable with our current situation
of "bill-as-you-go" where we are not billing regular, fixed fees, so if
we have some irregular expense to bill out, members are essentially
blindsided by a charge that they cannot predict, ending up with a
negative balance when they expected to have just a bit more than enough
of a balance for that month's charges.

My assumption also was that while we should keep the warning emails,
that we aren't going to _require_ any particular balance above the 3
month deposit.

-ntk