[HCoop-Discuss] [docelic, ntk] Cracking down on negative balances

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Feb 20 21:01:02 EST 2008

Adam Chlipala wrote:
>> and that pending implementation of this, we should unwind
>> and bill out any donations above the 1 unit pledge level out to the
>> membership from members who have negative balances.  There probably
>> aren't many in that situation anyway.  And that the balance should be
>> the same for everyone, based on 1 unit pledge level.
>>

> You're suggesting forcing the membership at large to pay for the extra
> charges that a few members incurred by setting pledges too high?
No, I'm not.  Pledges are not exactly extra charges incurred,--I just
think that as I mentioned earlier that a member whose balance reaches
zero should have their pledge level set to 1 as a matter of common
sense, manually if necessary.  The pledge is a donation, and if the
money for the donation does not exist, then that should cancel it.  I
don't think we should go back retroactively a long way, just that until
the code is implemented that we make sure we're doing this.